Major General Samuel N Thuita
MGH, EBS, OGW, ‘ndc’ ‘psc’ (K)
Maj Gen Samuel Thuita was enlisted into the Kenya Air Force as a Cadet Officer in 1978. Upon commissioning, he underwent various specialized training both locally and abroad.
He is a graduate of the National Defence College (NDC) of Kenya, in Strategic Studies, holds a bachelors degree in Development Studies and a diploma and certificate in International Studies and Defence Diplomacy respectively.
Maj Gen Thuita has held various Command and staff appointments including:
- Commanding Officer Air Defence Control Unit – Moi Air Base, Nairobi.
- Base Commander – Moi Air Base, Nairobi.
- Chief of Strategic Plans and Policy – Defence Hqs, Nairobi.
- Chief of Logistics – Defence Hqs, Nairobi.
- Assistant Chief of Defence Forces for Personnel and Logistics – Defence HQs, Nairobi.
He served with the United Nations in the former Yugoslavia (UNPROFOR) as a Force Headquarters Operations Officer in 1992/93 andat the USA CENTCOM Tampa Florida, as Kenya’s Senior National Representative in the coalition war against terror in 2007/08.
Maj Gen Thuita is decorated with honours and awards among them Moran of the Order of the Golden Heart (MGH), the Elder of the Order of the Burning Spear (EBS), the Order of the Grand Warrior of Kenya (OGW), and Operation Linda Nchi and UN Medals.